Financial Assistance Award
You can request these awards throughout the year as needed.
Typical requests could be for:
- Vocational school or college application fees
- Vocational school or college enrollment deposits
- Fees to take admissions exams (SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Fees for test preparation courses, online or otherwise
- Living facility deposits
- Other related fees or expenses
Awards in this category range from $50 to $300 but may go as high as $500 with justification.
The request must include a reference by a counselor, GSA advisor, faculty member, school administrator or a Safe Schools Desert Cities Board Member. Safe Schools Desert Cities will respond to your request in less than three days. Funds can be available within five days following your request.